I’m a trained journalist, professional writer and experienced communicator. You can get a feel for my work via my resume below, but I’m a fan of moving past formalities.
What you should know: I’m proud to say I’m a born and raised Hoosier, attended Indiana University – Bloomington and graduated with degrees in Journalism and Anthropology. I worked in Washington D.C. as an assistant editor at a B2B publication where I wrote weekly digital articles, boosted social media following by 200% and logistically coordinated the ins and outs of weekly and monthly publications. I eventually opted for the freelancing route where I now work with a number of clients on SEO, blogging and feature story material.
Want to know more? I recently returned to the States after backpacking solo throughout South America for six months. I maintained a personal blog to keep friends and family updated on my journey, so check it out if you want to read about my time climbing volcanoes in Chile, being healed by a shaman in Colombia and hiking in Patagonia.
ASSISTANT EDITOR, Independent Agent magazine
- Collaborated with senior editor in chief to produce weekly e-newsletters, daily digital content and monthly print publication
- Copyedited and proofed content from association staff and contributors for IA magazine, association blogs and tablet app
- Pitched industry and business trend stories across all association communication platforms
EDITORIAL INTERN, Indianapolis Monthly magazine
- Edited stories for factual information and grammatical correctness for published content in five issues
- Wrote, researched and contributed to online and print content
ART DIRECTOR, 812: the Magazine of Southern Indiana
- Designed 46-page publication using InDesign with co-art director
- Wrote one feature and two department pieces for winter/spring 2013 issue
PUBLICATIONS INTERN, Association of College Unions International
- Wrote and researched for departments in three bimonthly publications of print magazine
- Designed, edited and assisted with additional projects for managing and associate editors